Friday, August 8, 2008

Vance & Hines Exhaust

When I purchased my Vulcan 800 Classic, it was basically stock, including the mufflers. Metric Cruisers with stock exhaust sound worse than Harley's with the original pipes. They are very smooth and quite - but, who wants that? So, I went nuts one weekend last summer and knocked the baffles out. Stupid idea - now they were just loud and annoying.
Vance & Hines Cruzers
Vance & Hines makes some of the best exhaust for Cruisers. In fact, they are the only manufacturer who makes systems specifically designed for smaller displacement bikes. The intent is to make your 800 sound like a 1200 or larger bike - while providing optimal performance. These systems are not cheap by any means, but sound great, look great, and perform well.
A few months ago I installed a set of Cruzers on my Vulcan and re-jetted the carb. It sounds great and runs better than it has since I bought it. Check out this video I took with my new "Flip" Digital Video Recorder.

1 comment:

Kid Guzzi said...

Zoweeeeee!! Those pipes sound great Rob!