Sunday, December 5, 2010

Making a New Riding Friend

I have been trying to get together with Kerry King since the week I got my KLR last year.  He has 5 kids and is a Doctor, so he is very busy like me - not to mention he lives 30 min south.  He also had Knee Surgery last year which kept him off the bike for several months.  Well, we finally got together and enjoyed meeting each other, chatting about bikes at Starbucks, and riding in the mountains on a beautiful day.  Temps were 55 (39 when we left) and the sun was in and out of the clouds. We made my usual stops at Riders Hill, and had lunch at Two Wheels Only.

Here are a few picks of Kerry's KLR - he purchased it used from a guy who had done all the major performance mods including the Progressive rear shock and spring.  Kerry did this light set up - I may do this mod - they really make the bike more visible even in the daytime.  He also hard wired connections for his heated jacket and gloves.  In all, a very nice KLR.  He also has a KLX 250 - which are very popular around here for serious single track trail riding.  I am not sure when we will be able to ride together again - he is having shoulder surgery in early January (the price you pay for an active lifestyle he says).






No comments: