Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Trails SU Side Racks

I have been performing some maintenance on the bike as it approaches 5,000 miles.  One of the items I have decided to repair is a bit of a "modification" rather than maintenance.  I have been using soft saddle bags made by Cortech that lie easily on the plastic side covers.  No problems whatsoever - they fit great.  However, I recently noticed that the muffler is starting to burn the outside corner of the right one.  So, time to set the bags up properly.  I installed Happy Trails SU Racks.  This were a little beefier than I needed, but I opted for them as I can upgrade later to hard panniers using the same racks if I so choose. 

Here are a couple of pictures of the finished product.  Very functional, very sturdy.  BTW, these are not quick release, so I am leaving them on the bike even when I am not using the bags (which is a majority of the time).



1 comment:

Kid Guzzi said...

Great looking setup Rob!