Friday, October 23, 2009

Suzuki TS 185



I have always enjoyed swap meets - airplanes, cars, or motorcycle.  It's interesting to see what "junk" people are selling.  Recently, at the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Festival in Birmingham, AL, I came across something that brought back fond memories of my childhood.  There for sale at the swap meet was an old Suzuki TS 185 Dual Sport bike.  I had one of those as a young boy - probably 15 years old when I got it.  I can remember loading it in the back my my pick up truck once I got my license and heading out to the abandon strip mines up near Clinton, IN with friends.  It wasn't the most powerful bike and I remember dumping it plenty of times trying to climb hills that were too tall for it's strength.  It was a pretty beat up bike, but I loved it nonetheless.  The guy at the swap meet was asking $1,000 for this bike - are you kiding me?  I think I gave some kid $100 for mine back in 1985.

No comments: