Monday, October 25, 2010

South Carolina, Sumter National Forest, Lake Burton

What do I do when my wife says "you need to get out of here and ride your motorcycle" spur of the moment......I put my gear on, start the bike, and leave as fast as possible before anybody changes their mind.  Sometimes, like this particular day, I had no clue where to go - just knew I wanted to explore a part of the South I had not been to.  So, I headed to the Northwest Corner of South Carolina and rode through the Sumter National Forest.  On the way there, I went past a historic site called Travelers Rest.  It was closed, so I just got  shot from the parking lot.  I then road over to Clayton GA,and then down past Lake Burton and to Helen.  I found an awesome road around Lake Burton down to Unicoi State park that is awesome - I am gonna be visiting it again sometime!

No comments: